MSI Reproductive Choices
MSI Reproductive Choices UK is commissioned by East Sussex CCG, West Sussex CCG and Brighton & Hove CCG to provide NHS abortion care services.
MSI Reproductive Choices is a well-established sexual health charity. They provide services to communities in Sussex to offer reproductive healthcare services. Their aim is to help make it straightforward for women to find the information they need about abortion care, and to be able to self-refer for a consultation as easily and conveniently as possible.
Patients can call the central Call Centre on 0345 300 8090 which is available 24/7. Patients can call for information, support or to book treatment.
Patients do not need a GP referral to access their TOP pathway. They can self-refer via the telephone number above. Where possible MSI Reproductive Choices UK are able to offer same day appointments and treatment.
Reproductive Choices UK's medical abortion pathway is available from their clinics in Brighton, Crawley, Hastings and Bognor Regis. Their surgical pathway is available from their clinic in Brighton. Please see the below link detailing full clinic addresses and opening times.
Their abortion care pathway also includes the following services:
- Telemedicine (early medical abortion pills sent by post, for home use)
- Full range of contraception methods, including a full range of Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
- STI screening for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, and HIV
- Counselling – pre- and post-treatment, provided by independent BACP-accredited counsellors
- Right care patient pathway to support patients with more complex health and social needs
For more information visit their website: www.msichoices.org.uk
Sexual Health, Contraception & HIV services for West Sussex
West Sussex Sexual Health Team are continuining to provide services during the Covid pandemic, with a few small changes.
They are operating from three Hub clinics:
- St Richards Hospital, Chichester
- Crawley Hospital
- 45 Rowlands Road, Worthing
Their spoke clinics and walk in services remain closed.
Access to services is via the central booking triage then telephone consultation with a member of staff. Face to face appointments are booked by their team following triage.
Patients will need to contact the central booking number on 01903 285199 or visit www.sexualhealthwestsussex.nhs.uk/.
Services they can provide
- Online STI testing for asymptomatic individuals
- Management of symptomatic STI’s / Complex GUM
- Hepatitis A / B vaccinations for those at sexual risk
- HPV vaccinations for men who have sex with men <45 years of age
- STI testing post sexual assault
- Condom provision
- Provision of HIV PEP and PrEP
- Provision of all forms of contraception
- Coil fittings and removal procedures for contraception**
- Implant fittings and removal procedures for contraception
- Deep implant removal clinics
- Psychosexual counselling
- HIV treatment and care
**Please note they are not commissioned to provide coils for non-contraceptive reasons e.g. heavy menstrual bleeding, endometrial protection on HRT.
For more information on contraception: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/